Friday, September 30, 2016

Hyper-V-Installation breaks NCP/Lancom Advanced VPN Client by adding Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

I installed Hyper-V on my Windows 10 laptop and after that, my LANCOM Advanced VPN Client was not able to communicate with my company network any more.
I took very long to connect to the VPN router and even after the connection was established (green), no communication with computers in the company network was possible.

How-i-fixed-it:
I found out, that Hyper-V setup added couple of virtual network adaptors "vEthernet" to the network settings and a Network bridge device.
The existing network adaptors got added a new device to use "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" instead of their standard IP settings. It looks to me as this breaks the LANCOM VPN Client Ethernet adaptor.
I went to the settings of the LANCOM Ethernet Adaptor in the network settings and unchecked the "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch". It automatically checked the standard Elements like IPv6, IPv4 and others.
Doing so, the VPN connection was established as fast as before and i was able to communicate over the tunnel without issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment